The end of January started the beginning of the second cohort in the Langston Quality Scholars program. Program faculty and leadership from the Health Science campus welcomed 26 health practitioners in 12 teams from VCU Health System.
The teams heard remarks from:
- Marianne Baernholdt, Ph.D., M.P.H., RN, FAAN, Director, Langston Center for Quality, Safety and Innovation
- José L Muñoz, M.D., Interim Chief Quality and Safety Officer, VCU Health; Interim Associate Dean, Resident Education in Quality and Safety, VCU School of Medicine
- Lynn Goodloe, MS, CNRN, NE-BC, Director of Professional Practice, VCU Medical Center
- Jean Giddens, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, Dean, VCU School of Nursing
- Peter Buckley, M.D., Dean, VCU School of Medicine
The teams are starting with ideas on what they want to improve in their clinical area and in the next 10 months they will receive training in organization, leadership, and performance improvement. They will on average spend 4-6 hours/week on monthly seminars, online modules, readings, and biweekly meetings with the program’s coach.
The teams represent a variety of professions, specialties, inpatient settings and outpatient settings. The teams are:
- Claire Bradman, FNP; Amber Spain, M.S.W., L.C.S.W; Jeffery Taylor, M.D.
- William Carter, M.D., M.P.H; Evelyn Lindsay, RN
- Daniel Falcao, M.D.; Ashley Snowden, RN
- Anne Jackson, RN; V. Ramana Feeser, M.D.
- Cady Noda, PharmD, BCPS; Debra Shockey, DNP, RN
- Susan Richard, M.S.N., RN; Rashida Woods, M.D.
- John Salldin, MRI Technologist; Mark Sharafinski, M.D.
- Jill Shimp, RN; Suzanne Lavoie, M.D.
- Agnieszka Chojecka, M.S.H.A., Patient Access Supervisor; Omar Abubaker, D.M.D.
- Jenny Fox, M.D., M.P.H.; Lisa Shaver, M.S., RNC-NIC
- Patricia Lange, M.D.; Amanda Phelan, M.S.N., RN; Patrina Bagby, Clinical Nurse II
- Richard Kunz, M.D.; Susan Hamilton, RN
View photos from the event on our Facebook page – click here